Latest news in enterprise data protection and governance
Druva Doubles Down on Governance with Launch of Proactive Compliance for the Enterprise
Industry’s First Solution to Identify and Proactively Take Action Against At-Rest Data Risks on Mobile Devices and in the Cloud
Druva, the leader in converged data protection, today unveiled Druva Proactive Compliance , a new offering for its flagship inSync product that takes a proactive approach to address today’s data governance challenges within the increasingly mobile workforce. Included in the new inSync Elite+ plan, Druva becomes the first to offer deep search, auditing and automated data scanning capabilities, enabling enterprises to quickly and proactively identify and act upon data risks across cloud services and endpoint devices. Druva's unique converged data protection approach allows enterprises to achieve something that was previously difficult to attain and was cost- prohibitive. Druva offers a single platform that converges data availability – backup, restore, and share and now comprehensive governance – compliance, archival/search and audit – across entire end-user information on endpoints and cloud.
"Once upon a time, data was centralized in the data center and kept compliant with data regulations and enterprise policies. The modern enterprise is mobile first, with more employees relying on endpoints and cloud services to get their work done," said Jaspreet Singh, CEO, Druva. "The new cloud or BYOA (Bring Your Own App) wave is having an even greater business impact than the preceding BYOD one. The dispersed data landscape it has created, with so much data outside the firewall, limits any business's ability to protect and control how data is accessed and used. Druva gives IT the ability to reclaim control of this data by helping organizations ensure their data, regardless of location, is fully protected and governed."
Today's enterprise is a dispersed one, with more than 40 percent of data residing in the cloud as well as on laptops, tablets and smartphones. The mobile workplace has untethered workers from the office, allowing them to work from anywhere, resulting in a need to enforce data governance policies. In addition, the ever-increasing pressure to stay one step ahead of the compliance curve with global data privacy and industry-specific regulations (HIPAA, PCI DSS, FACTA/FCRA, GLBA, COPPA) involves sensitive employee and customer data. Non-compliance and risk exposure have resulted in millions of dollars in fines and even more in reputation damage.
"Improved backup and recovery, cloud infrastructure services, and regulatory compliance are all high priorities according to our recent ESG 2015 IT Spending Intentions Survey. Organizations recognize that their ability to protect and manage data has been compromised by its growing dispersion across devices and cloud services, resulting in increased concerns around data policy and compliance enforcement," said Jason Buffington, senior analyst for data protection at Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG). "In fact, two of the top considerations for choosing a new backup solution are data security and cloud capabilities. By tapping into these data sources, backing them up, and taking a proactive approach to analyzing the data collected, organizations can protect their data as well as identify and shore up potential infractions before they’re an issue, ensuring that user data throughout the organization is appropriately accessed, secured, used and governed."
Druva centralizes visibility and control of business data residing on employees’ endpoints and cloud services via integrated backup, data loss prevention, and data governance capabilities. Druva continually mirrors end-user data, which enables rapid recovery if it is lost, allows remote user access to any file or folder from any device and addresses eDiscovery support, compliance and forensics needs.
Primary Capabilities of Proactive Compliance:
- Proactive compliance delivers new, enhanced governance-related capabilities that enable organizations to be more proactive in their ability to understand, identify and take appropriate action on data risks across the dispersed data environment. Enterprises can now track, monitor and be alerted of potential data risks associated with Personal Healthcare Information (PHI), Personal Credit Information (PCI), Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Intellectual Property (IP) across both cloud services and end-user devices.
- Centralized compliance dashboard: Compliance, security and legal teams have an easily navigable federated view by data source, compliance risk type, risk level, user as well as other pertinent information to make quick assessments and investigate infractions.
- Non-compliance reporting: Compliance and Information Security teams can subscribe to regulation or policy-specific reports, which are automatically generated and emailed to subscribers when potential data risks are discovered.
- Pre-defined, customizable compliance templates: Organizations can select from pre-defined compliance templates (ex. HIPAA, GLBA, PCI) or customize their own. inSync will automatically scan, identify and alert the organization of risks as necessary.
- Investigative searching: Companies that conduct internal investigations on behalf of a legal request or need to identify sensitive data (HR data, IP, financial records) can utilize inSync’s new deep-search capabilities to pinpoint materials across their end-user data.
- Legal authenticity and admissibility enable companies to ensure the integrity of their data for both compliance and legal needs by capturing extended meta-data and creating a unique fingerprint for every file in the system. In doing so, inSync is able to provide an auditable trail of a file's history and a litmus test for its unmodified integrity.
Druva Proactive Compliance is part of the new inSync Elite+ Plan and will be generally available in 45 days.
Learn more about Druva Proactive Compliance by registering for an upcoming webinar, “Where In The World Is Your Sensitive Data? How To Stay Ahead of Data Risks in Today’s Mobile and Cloud World,” on August 13, 2015 at 1:00 pm ET/10:00 am PT.
Tweet This: .@Druva's latest governance offering: proactive compliance for the enterprise. Keep your PII, PHI, and PCI in check: http://bit.ly/1Jcbubo
Druva is the leader in converged data protection, bringing data-center class availability and governance to the mobile workforce. With a single dashboard for backup, availability and governance, Druva’s award-winning solutions minimize network impact and are transparent to users. As the industry's fastest growing data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 3,000 global organizations on over 3 million devices. Learn more at www.druva.com and join the conversation at twitter.com/druvainc.