Fast-growing. Fun-loving. Future-focused.
Lead UX Designer - UXD2017
Lead UX Designer - UXD2017
About Druva -
As the industry’s fastest growing cloud-based data protection provider, Druva is trusted by over 3,000 global organizations with over 50 PB of data under management. Today, 40% of corporate data resides beyond the data center on endpoints and in the cloud. This loss of visibility and control introduces new threats to data, forcing enterprises to rethink how to manage business continuity and information governance. Druva’s award-winning solutions offer a single dashboard for backup, availability and governance, dramatically reducing the effort to manage multiple systems, eliminating associated risks and significantly lowering TCO.
As a User Experience (UX) leader, you help define and drive the future of Druva design. You identify and set product strategy, envision complex UX ecosystems and inspire teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible. You possess a clear vision of the future of user experience and have the courage to pursue forward-thinking design.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX Designers; lead creative and holistic thinking across diverse product releases, platforms, and devices.
- Deliver a UX vision, along with a plan for evolutionary, iterative updates, that actualize the larger vision over time.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside their core product team to efficiently implement user experiences that are cohesive, inclusive, and well-informed.
- Foster Druva’s culture and principles within the group, while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Be responsible for and effectively advocate for users in a fast-paced, corporate climate, imparting day-to-day design leadership that fosters a shared understanding of the user-centric intersection between design, content, business, and engineering.
- Ready to work on UX deliverables when an extra pair of hands are needed.
- 8 years of experience in UX Design.
- 2 years of experience managing or leading design teams.
- Portfolio of UX-focused work samples for enterprise web and mobile applications.
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
Please send your resume to email@example.com. Please indicate the position you are interested in and your full name on the subject line (e.g. “Lead UX Designer-UXD2017-Your Name”).